Everybody is expecting lots of traffic. Thats the trend of last weeks posts anyway, there were at least 7 articles on the subject. It is one of my favorite topics, unfortunately I never have enough traffic to see any of them actually solve a problem for me.
- .htaccess – gzip and cache your site for faster loading and bandwidth saving
- Dealing with Traffic – Part 1: Media files
- Caching PHP pages
- Behold WordPress, Destroyer of CPUs
- Benchmarking Applications with PHP
- Save your Site, Cache that Data!
- Introduction to web caching
Patterns is another topic I really wished I saw more PHP articles for. Somebody put this on dzone maybe it will start a trend for next week? Patterns for PHP.
The weekly Zend Framework related articles. I am going to have to give in and actually do something with the ZF before its at version 2.0. There is a tutorial series in the list that walks you through building a blog application, I think I will try to follow it.
- An Example Zend Framework Blog Application – Part 1: Introductory Planning
- An Example Zend Framework Blog Application – Part 2: The MVC Application Architecture
- Subversion for the Example Zend Framework Blog Tutorial Series
- Integrating Zend Framework and Doctrine
- Translating Zend_Form error messages and more
Books and Reviews
- php|architect’s Zend PHP 5 Certification Study Guide, 2nd Edition
- Drupal 6: The missing manual
- 6 books to master PHP
- Object-Oriented Programming with PHP5
- Programming PHP
- Selling Online with Drupal e-Commerce
Every week I have a ton of links that don’t really fit in any particular category. I usually try to fit them all in somewhere, but the last couple weeks have been all over the place so here goes a big list of misc. stuff.
- Testable API’s
- SPL autoloading in PHP
- HTTP Status: 100 Continue
- HTTP Status: 201 Created vs. 202 Accepted
- Continuous Integration with phpUnderControl
- 5 PHP 5 features you can’t afford to ignore
The last couple articles I’ve written in this series have been short changed and I apologize for that, I started the series for several reasons one was to discipline myself to write on a regular basis, they definitely have helped serve that purpose. I received an email today as i wrote this one telling me how useless they are. I’m not very thin skinned believe me it doesn’t offend me to not be found useful , maybe they are useful to others maybe they aren’t, I wrote them because they are fun to do. However on looking back I have to agree that this blog has become a one trick pony, so starting next week I will be writing more articles that actually have original work produced by me. I will continue with this series and am asking for comments on what would be useful for others in the Weekly Review.
Oh and I have a fan who will punch you in the nose if you don’t like what I write about, thats better than all the dzone votes in the world.